Call for Workshops
Day 3 of the conference, Wed Aug 10, is dedicated to professional development workshops and working group meetings. We invite the international bat research community to submit workshop proposals.
Deadline: 20th April 2022, 17:00 Central Standard Time = 23:00 GMT.
Professional Development Workshops: IBRC/NASBR are comprised of diverse individuals with a wide range of professional expertise. Sharing this expertise with membership through professional workshops allows meeting attendees to develop their skillsets. Workshops may focus on specific technical skills (e.g., managing and analyzing data in a particular software package, genomic techniques), soft skills (e.g., science communication, networking, preparing for job interviews), or a combination thereof.
Working Group Meetings: Professional groups and networks may organize meetings for their membership on Wednesday. For example, the IUCN Bat Specialist Group One Health Working Group plans a 90 minute session for face to face meetings to develop plans and strategies specific to their group. Such meetings should ideally be open to all attendees. If a closed meeting is required, please contact the conference organizers.
IBRC is an international meeting representing bat research from around the globe. Workshop organizers should consider global diversity in planned workshop activities and be welcoming of all interested participants.
(1) Proposals require two co-organizers and may optionally include a third.
(2) Workshop organizers should indicate a preference of either a 90 or 120 minute session. Sessions are limited and time preferences are not guaranteed.
(3) The conference has limited funds available for AV support of workshops. Organizers are encouraged to carefully consider AV needs, consider alternative delivery approaches, and seek out funds that could support AV requirements.
(4) You must submit your proposal using the online submission form. Proposals sent by email will not be considered.
(5) You will need to submit your proposal in a single attempt. Please preview the submission form and prepare responses before submission. You may preview a condensed version the form questions here.
The conference organizers will work to accommodate as many workshops as possible. Note that this may require sharing space, combining proposed workshops with similar aims, or other arrangements to facilitate the broadest range of successful workshops.