Pre-registration of abstracts for international attendees needing a visa
The organizers recognize that visa processing times have greatly increased in the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is why we are offering this pre-registration system. This system should ONLY be used by attendees that require a letter of invitation in order to apply for a visa for the USA.
We will provide a personalized letter of invitation for the International Bat Research Conference that can support your visa application. However, it is important to remember that visa applications should follow your country-specific rules and that neither NASBR nor the IBRC has any influence on whether your visa will be approved or not.
In order to receive the letter follow the steps detailed below:
1. Submit an abstract using this form. Please make sure to follow the abstract formatting guidelines and the abstract preparation checklist. You will be given an opportunity to update your abstract before the final abstract submission closes.
2. After you submit the abstract, follow the provided link (in the confirmation email) and register for the preregistration event. This process is completed through the NASBR website.
3. You will need to provide standard details such as email, first and last name (make sure the name you provide is a perfect match to your passport), date of birth, academic institution.
4. Pay the pre-processing fee (20 USD). This is a non-refundable fee, but it will be applied to your registration fee.
5. Print the documents and start the visa application process as soon as possible.
Before submitting your abstract please read the NASBR abstract formatting guidelines and follow the abstract preparation checklist before submitting an abstract. Failure to follow these guidelines will delay the acceptance of your abstract.